1917 OWEN MAGNETIC O-36 LIMOUSINE
Production Years: 1915-1922
Country: United States
Number Produced: 974
Engineered by Justus B. Entz
Gasoline Electric Hybrid designed in New York City, manufactured in Cleveland Ohio, unrestored survivor
Owen Magnetic automobiles were manufactured from 1915 to 1922. The R.M. Owen & Company of New York, New York built their cars in New York City in 1915 and then in Cleveland, Ohio from 1916 to 1919. They then moved production to Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania and manufactured automobiles there from 1920 to 1922. This Owen Magnetic O-36 marks the third Owen Magnetic in the museum. This one is a limousine sedan and undergoing a rescue with the other Owens. Though this car will receive a mechanical restoration, we will focus on preservation of the body and interior.