top of page

1957 TALBOT-LAGO AMERICA

End of Talbot-Lago Era

Producción Años

1946-1950

País

France

Número producido

91

Ingeniero

Carlo Marchetti

In the 1950s, Talbot was looking for an efficient way to upgrade their sport models 4 cylinder engine, so they sourced an aluminum V8 powertrain from BMW and swapped the drivers seat to the left hand side, hoping to make a big debut in the United States. Approximately 12 of these cars were produced and even fewer were sold before the company was purchased by Simca that installed obsolete Ford iron flathead V8s in the last few produced as an unfortunate footnote at the end of this innovative manufacturers life. Our car is only a chassis and we believe it was used for demonstration purposes at a car dealership during the time. Our Talbot chassis is complete with the correct BMW engine. Coachwork will be completed at a later date.

1957 TALBOT-LAGO AMERICA
bottom of page