Birmingham Small Arms (BSA), initially dedicated to crafting weaponry for the British Government, expanded its horizons into the automotive domain at the turn of the 20th century. By 1907, BSA seamlessly integrated automobiles into its portfolio, alongside motorcycles and bicycles. A groundbreaking moment arrived in 1929 when BSA unveiled its three-wheeler model, stepping into the limelight by surpassing the popular Morgan in both performance and sales.
Setting itself apart from the Morgan, the BSA three-wheeler embraced a front-wheel drive layout, eliminating the notorious dirty chain between the front engine and the rear wheel. This strategic design choice, coupled with the exclusion of CV joints for cost efficiency, distinguished the BSA as an innovative force. Noteworthy features such as a reverse gear and an electric starter further elevated its practicality and convenience.